Are you an author? Do you have an Author Central page on Amazon? If not, here are a few really good reasons you should set one up!
- If there is an error or a problem with the description of your book, you can access it to correct it.
- Did you get a great write up somewhere? You can add reviews to the description.
- Feel the need to say something special about your book? You can add a “from the author” note.
- If you are in an anthology of some sort, and you are not listed as one of the authors, you can get your name added to the publication.
- It creates a list of everything you are published in! Basically, it is a bibliography of your works for a fan to easily browse.
- Your fans can “follow” your author page and receive email notifications of your new releases from Amazon.
- If you sell your own copies of your books, you can keep an eye on Amazon’s prices easily. More than once (probably around 7 times now) I have found books available for LESS than I can get them as author copies to resell.This can be a great way to restock titles that I take with me to sell at conventions.
Less great reasons to use Author Central:
- You can easily obsess over your reviews.
- You can easily obsess over your author rank
- You can easily obsess over individual title rankings.
- You can easily obsess over BookScan Weekly Sales
While those can be interesting and fun, at first, I have known them to cause a lot of grief for some authors. Use wisely and at your own peril.